Hi guys, need an help.

I've just created a new list with about 8500 users. Is it possibile
(during the creation or after created) to set a flag on or off massively
? Creating the list sets le flag 'text' mail on and I need to set this
flag off for all the users.

Thank for any help.

Joe

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 1, 2010 at 3:00 pm

    Joe Curto wrote:
    I've just created a new list with about 8500 users. Is it possibile
    (during the creation or after created) to set a flag on or off massively
    ? Creating the list sets le flag 'text' mail on and I need to set this
    flag off for all the users.

    First of all, that flag only affects the format of the digest if the
    user is a digest member. It has no effect on individual messages.

    The default setting of that flag for new users is on the admin Digest
    options page

    When receiving digests, which format is default?
    (Edit mime_is_default_digest)

    To set that flag off for all current users, use withlist.

    Give the command

    bin/withlist -l LISTNAME

    and then at the interactive prompts (shown for clarity) enter
    from Mailman import mm_cfg
    for member in m.getMembers():
    ... m.setMemberOption(member, mm_cfg.DisableMime, 0)
    ... <- 'enter' only, no input
    m.Save()
    <- enter control-D to exit

groupmailman-users @