Hi!

I've encountered a problem regarding pending messages for the internal
mailman list for Mailman.

Each day at 8:00AM, as Mailman admin/owner I was getting a message with
the subject "6 Mailman moderator request(s) waiting". The message
mentioned accessing the URL
"http://${hostname}/cgi-bin/mailman/admindb/mailman". However, accessing
it (and typing in the requested password) revealed no pending posts
(such as those described in the message).

The latest message was dated 28th of December 2009 (quite a while ago).

About a week ago I decided to uninstall the Mailman instance but that
message is still sent each day at 8:00AM. I've reinstalled it, accessed
the above URL, but there are still no pending posts.

I've done a recursive grep in /var/lib/mailman (I'm using Debian) for
parts of the message (but found nothing). I've checked all cron entries
(/etc/cron*, /var/spool/cron/crontabs/*) but found nothing relevant.

Could someone please point me to where those pending requests are held
and how can I get rid of them and stop that message from being delivered?

Many thanks,
Razvan

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 1, 2010 at 2:38 pm

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/EoCE>

    The latest message was dated 28th of December 2009 (quite a while ago).

    About a week ago I decided to uninstall the Mailman instance but that
    message is still sent each day at 8:00AM. I've reinstalled it, accessed
    the above URL, but there are still no pending posts.

    I've done a recursive grep in /var/lib/mailman (I'm using Debian) for
    parts of the message (but found nothing). I've checked all cron entries
    (/etc/cron*, /var/spool/cron/crontabs/*) but found nothing relevant.

    Could someone please point me to where those pending requests are held
    and how can I get rid of them and stop that message from being delivered?

    Based on the above, they are probably coming from a different server.
    Examine the Received: headers of the notice to see where it originates
    and uninstall Mailman or the list or stop running Mailman's
    cron/checkdbs on that server.

  • Razvan Deaconescu at Sep 1, 2010 at 3:26 pm

    I've encountered a problem regarding pending messages for the internal
    mailman list for Mailman.

    Each day at 8:00AM, as Mailman admin/owner I was getting a message with
    the subject "6 Mailman moderator request(s) waiting". The message
    mentioned accessing the URL
    "http://${hostname}/cgi-bin/mailman/admindb/mailman". However, accessing
    it (and typing in the requested password) revealed no pending posts
    (such as those described in the message).
    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/EoCE>
    Many thanks! I've located the actual server and used the information in
    the above link.

    Razvan

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 31, '10 at 6:08a
activeSep 1, '10 at 3:26p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Razvan Deaconescu: 2 posts Mark Sapiro: 1 post