Can someone describe how to hide the members from being disclosed when the
"who" command is sent to the mailman-request at example.com.

If I toggle the flag to hide members in the member area, then the member
are hidden even to the list admin.

What I want to do is HIDE the member list from the members, but keep it
available to the list admin using the "who" command to manage the list.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 18, 2010 at 3:04 pm

    Michael wrote:
    What I want to do is HIDE the member list from the members, but keep it
    available to the list admin using the "who" command to manage the list.

    Mailman 2.1.10 and later do exactly what you want if the admin uses the
    "who password" form of the command with the list's admin or moderator
    password.

    Prior to 2.1.10 you can't do this. See the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/aYA9> for another option.

  • Michael at Aug 18, 2010 at 3:16 pm
    Thanks Mark. Sounds like we need to upgrade to the current version.

    Michael

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    Michael wrote:
    What I want to do is HIDE the member list from the members, but keep it
    available to the list admin using the "who" command to manage the list.

    Mailman 2.1.10 and later do exactly what you want if the admin uses the
    "who password" form of the command with the list's admin or moderator
    password.

    Prior to 2.1.10 you can't do this. See the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/aYA9> for another option.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedAug 17, '10 at 7:01p