Ive just installed Mailman 2.1.12 to a new FreeBSD 8.1 server. I
have copied across the contents of the lists directory from an
existing server that I want to copy. When tested the server works, in
so much as recieving mails and forward to list members but no data is
stored in the archive directory. Ive checked the Defaults.py (I am
using the default settings, which are identical to my old working
server) and auto archive is on and everything looks setup to work.
Ive had a search for similar issues and didnt really find anything
helpful. One person said they?d had to log in via the GUI to every
list and make some change and then save the config and then it started
working.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could cause this, or how
to trouble shoot the issue further?

thanks in advance! Andy.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 13, 2010 at 3:20 pm

    Ive just installed Mailman 2.1.12 to a new FreeBSD 8.1 server. I have
    copied across the contents of the lists directory from an existing
    server that I want to copy. When tested the server works, in so much as
    recieving mails and forward to list members but no data is stored in the
    archive directory. Ive checked the Defaults.py (I am using the default
    settings, which are identical to my old working server) and auto archive
    is on and everything looks setup to work.
    Ive had a search for similar issues and didnt really find anything
    helpful. One person said they?d had to log in via the GUI to every list
    and make some change and then save the config and then it started working.
    Does anyone have any suggestions as to what could cause this, or how to
    trouble shoot the issue further?

    Run Mailman's bin/check_perms

    Look in Mailman's error log

  • A Smith at Aug 13, 2010 at 5:08 pm