She is unable to do so globally, received this message:
Bad email address provided Member name successfully changed.
The email address you supplied is not valid. (E.g. it must contain an`@'.)

Any suggestions for this type of mail address? (Didn't find anything helpful in the archives)
... and, yes I can manually subscribe her.

Thank you,

Sandi Gruver
Unix System Administrator
SBCTC-ITD
1300 Quince Street SE
Olympia, WA 98504
360.704.1019

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 30, 2010 at 4:30 am

    Sandi Gruver wrote:
    She is unable to do so globally, received this message:
    Bad email address provided Member name successfully changed.

    There should be no reason why Mailman would not accept an address of
    the form username at mail.xxx.edu for a global or individual list address
    change from the user's options page.

    The email address you supplied is not valid. (E.g. it must contain an`@'.)

    I'm only guessing here, but it seems she is not actually providing an
    email address of the form username at mail.xxx.edu. She is providing an
    invalid address which is syntactically invalid for some reason other
    than the domain's being mail.xxx.edu.

    Any suggestions for this type of mail address? (Didn't find anything helpful in the archives)
    ... and, yes I can manually subscribe her.

    And can you subscribe her mail.xxx.edu address using the methods that
    she is using (subscribe from the list's listinfo page)?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 29, '10 at 8:23p
activeJul 30, '10 at 4:30a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Sandi Gruver: 1 post