- I use mailman to administrate my email lists

- I need absolutely change the Admin Lists password

- I used the command: change_pw in my /bin Mailman directory, all was
OK, I can use my new password for all the lists but

My old password work too, do you know why? I change the root password
too ( the same) but doesnt work, now the old password and the new one
worked Help plz

Mauricio

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 23, 2010 at 2:50 am

    Mauricio Juarez wrote:
    - I need absolutely change the Admin Lists password

    - I used the command: change_pw in my /bin Mailman directory, all was
    OK, I can use my new password for all the lists but

    My old password work too, do you know why? I change the root password
    too ( the same) but doesnt work, now the old password and the new one
    worked Help plz

    I suspect you changed the password and then logged in with the new
    password and then tried the old password, but you already had the
    cookie from the successful login so the old password appeared to work.

    Try the old password in a brand new browser session.

    The other possibility is that the old password is the site password set
    by bin/mmsitepass. Did you change that too?

  • Stephen J. Turnbull at Jul 23, 2010 at 3:05 am

    Mauricio Juarez writes:
    Hi, >
    - I use mailman to administrate my email lists >
    - I need absolutely change the Admin Lists password >
    - I used the command: change_pw in my /bin Mailman directory, all was
    OK, I can use my new password for all the lists but >
    My old password work too, do you know why? I change the root password
    too ( the same) but doesnt work, now the old password and the new one
    worked Help plz
    There are three levels of password:

    moderator: May approve or reject posts. Cannot access list config.
    list admin: May access and change list config, and moderate.
    site admin: May create and remove lists, change config, and moderate.

    change_pw only affects the site admin password. To change list admin
    and moderator passwords, you must operate on each list. In the web
    interface, there is a Passwords section of the interface where you can
    change those.

    If you have a lot of lists, you may want to use a script. See
    http://wiki.list.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageIdi14096.
  • Anthony R. Thompson at Jul 23, 2010 at 3:11 am