I'm running version 2.1.9 installed via rpm on rhel5 and noticed that my newlist command does not have the -o or --ouput=[filename] option. I've seen this command used many times by people on the mailing list. Anyone know where it went and how I can get a newlist script with the -o option?

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 8, 2010 at 3:16 pm

    Syn, Joonho wrote:
    I'm running version 2.1.9 installed via rpm on rhel5 and noticed that my newlist command does not have the -o or --ouput=[filename] option. I've seen this command used many times by people on the mailing list. Anyone know where it went and how I can get a newlist script with the -o option?

    newlist has never had a -o/--outputfile option. Perhaps you are
    thinking of config_list.

    If you are trying to capture aliases printed by newlist, just redirect
    the output with "> filename".

    If you are trying to suppress the "Hit enter to notify LIST owner..."
    prompt, use the -q/--quiet option.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 7, '10 at 8:16p