How to generate the /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases file?
I tryedtouch /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
Work but no mailman info in the file

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 4, 2010 at 2:46 pm

    mattias jonsson wrote:
    How to generate the /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases file?
    I tryedtouch /var/lib/mailman/data/aliases
    Work but no mailman info in the file

    The data/aliases file is only generated if you set

    MTA = 'Postfix'

    in mm_cfg.py. Once that is set, you can run Mailman's bin/genaliases to
    populate it from existing lists. See
    <http://www.list.org/mailman-install/postfix-integration.html>.

    If you are not using Postfix as your MTA, see the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/joA9> and the other posts and FAQs linked from
    there.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 4, '10 at 12:53a
activeJul 4, '10 at 2:46p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mattias jonsson: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post