FAQ
Hey, I finally got my mailman to work after I set up a subdomain strictly to
carry the mail load of an off-server domain. Now I have a new problem -
since I needed my List address to be "@example.org" I set it up that way,
but the real address where the list can be accessed is
mx.example.com(because of the subdomain issue and MX records) - so all
of the links in the
footer and even the links in the admin panel are wrong. Is there somewhere
in the general options page to change this or do I have to do it in SSH?
Any help is appreciated.

--
Adam

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 23, 2010 at 3:00 am

    Adam Parker, OD wrote:
    Hey, I finally got my mailman to work after I set up a subdomain strictly to
    carry the mail load of an off-server domain. Now I have a new problem -
    since I needed my List address to be "@example.org" I set it up that way,
    but the real address where the list can be accessed is
    mx.example.com(because of the subdomain issue and MX records) - so all
    of the links in the
    footer and even the links in the admin panel are wrong. Is there somewhere
    in the general options page to change this or do I have to do it in SSH?
    Any help is appreciated.

    If it's only the email domain that's wrong, you can change the
    host_name attribute on the General Options page.

    If web URLs are also wrong, you need to make sure that things like
    DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, DEFAULT_URL_HOST and perhaps DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN
    are set correctly and then run fix_url.

    See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9> and
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9> for starters.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Adam Parker, OD at Jun 23, 2010 at 3:06 am
    thanks, where do I set DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, DEFAULT_URL_HOST and perhaps
    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN?
    On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

    Adam Parker, OD wrote:
    Hey, I finally got my mailman to work after I set up a subdomain strictly to
    carry the mail load of an off-server domain. Now I have a new problem -
    since I needed my List address to be "@example.org" I set it up that way,
    but the real address where the list can be accessed is
    mx.example.com(because of the subdomain issue and MX records) - so all
    of the links in the
    footer and even the links in the admin panel are wrong. Is there somewhere
    in the general options page to change this or do I have to do it in SSH?
    Any help is appreciated.

    If it's only the email domain that's wrong, you can change the
    host_name attribute on the General Options page.

    If web URLs are also wrong, you need to make sure that things like
    DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, DEFAULT_URL_HOST and perhaps DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN
    are set correctly and then run fix_url.

    See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9> and
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9> for starters.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

    --
    Adam P. Parker, OD, FVAO
    Drs. Robinson & Parker
    President, Richmond Optometric Society
    (804) 595-2020
  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 23, 2010 at 3:18 am

    Adam Parker, OD wrote:
    thanks, where do I set DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, DEFAULT_URL_HOST and perhaps
    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN?

    In $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
    On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
    [...]
    See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9> and
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9> for starters.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Adam Parker, OD at Jun 23, 2010 at 2:17 pm
    damn, I have a reseller account and my host doesn't allow me to change those
    files. I may have a workaround though - I think I can alter my DNS settings
    to point any URL requests to the correct URL. Think that'd work?
    On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:18 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

    Adam Parker, OD wrote:
    thanks, where do I set DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST, DEFAULT_URL_HOST and perhaps
    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN?

    In $prefix/Mailman/mm_cfg.py
    On Tue, Jun 22, 2010 at 11:00 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:
    [...]
    See the FAQs at <http://wiki.list.org/x/gIA9> and
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9> for starters.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

    --
    Adam P. Parker, OD, FVAO
    Drs. Robinson & Parker
    President, Richmond Optometric Society
    (804) 595-2020
  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 23, 2010 at 4:14 pm

    Adam Parker, OD wrote:
    damn, I have a reseller account and my host doesn't allow me to change those
    files. I may have a workaround though - I think I can alter my DNS settings
    to point any URL requests to the correct URL. Think that'd work?

    Possibly, but perhaps a better solution would be to just create a new
    list in the appropriate domain, e.g. a subdomain of your primary
    domain.

    Some of this is probably limited by the way cPanel (I think you said
    this was cPanel in an earlier thread) sets up lists with the web and
    email domains of the list being always the same.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 22, '10 at 7:00p
activeJun 23, '10 at 4:14p
posts6
users2
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 3 posts Adam Parker, OD: 3 posts

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase