Hi everyone!!

A problem I came up with is that when I was playing around with about 5
members on the list I was able to send out an email and the recipients were
able to receive them too.

However, when I added extra emails via "mass subscription" (approximately
150 from an old emailing list) nothing would happen afterwards when I try to
send off an email. Basically, I send off an email to the mailing list
address but the recipients won't receive anything at all, not even the
initial 5 addresses that were working previously.

The only thing that has changed is that I've initially had 5 members which
had no problem but as soon as I added the 150 the recipients the problem
started.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Search Discussions

  • Dennis V at Jun 13, 2010 at 4:50 am
    Further to my investigation, instead of mass subscribing 150 email
    addresses, I just only subscribed about 60 or so email addresses and the
    mail listing worked.

    Does that mean there is some sort of "hard" cap on the mailman program? I am
    using 2.1.12cp3
    A problem I came up with is that when I was playing around with about 5
    members on the list I was able to send out an email and the recipients were
    able to receive them too.

    However, when I added extra emails via "mass subscription" (approximately
    150 from an old emailing list) nothing would happen afterwards when I try to
    send off an email. Basically, I send off an email to the mailing list
    address but the recipients won't receive anything at all, not even the
    initial 5 addresses that were working previously.

    The only thing that has changed is that I've initially had 5 members which
    had no problem but as soon as I added the 150 the recipients the problem
    started.

    Any ideas?

    Thanks!
  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 13, 2010 at 2:18 pm

    Dennis V wrote:
    Further to my investigation, instead of mass subscribing 150 email
    addresses, I just only subscribed about 60 or so email addresses and the
    mail listing worked.

    Does that mean there is some sort of "hard" cap on the mailman program? I am
    using 2.1.12cp3

    There is a limit, but it is not imposed by Mailman. It is imposed
    either intentionally or via misconfiguration by your hosting service's
    mail system.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 13, '10 at 1:39a