I just migrated my Mailman lists to another server. I noticed that in my /etc/aliases file, I've the following. I don't really remember now. Is it required to have a mailing for mailman as well?

mailman: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"
mailman-admin: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman admin mailman"
mailman-bounces: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman bounces mailman"
mailman-confirm: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman confirm mailman"
mailman-join: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman join mailman"
mailman-leave: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman leave mailman"
mailman-owner: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman owner mailman"
mailman-request: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman request mailman"
mailman-subscribe: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman subscribe mailman"
mailman-unsubscribe: "|/var/mailman/mail/mailman unsubscribe mailman"

Thanks
Mary

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 7, 2010 at 5:03 pm

    Wang, Mary Y wrote:
    I just migrated my Mailman lists to another server. I noticed that in my /etc/aliases file, I've the following. I don't really remember now. Is it required to have a mailing for mailman as well?

    It is required to have a site list whose name is defined by the setting
    MAILMAN_SITE_LIST which defaults to 'mailman'.

    This requirement will go away in Mailman 3, but it is required for all
    Mailman 2.1.x versions.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 7, '10 at 4:22p
activeJun 7, '10 at 5:03p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Wang, Mary Y: 1 post