I am unable to reply Mailman Administrator , how best can i fix this problem the output i get is below

The message WAS NOT relayed to:<name at domain name>:
[127.0.0.1] said:554 5.4.0 Failed, id!662-04, from MTA([127.0.0.1]:10025):
554 5.4.0 Error: too many hops

This nondelivery report was generated by the program
amavisd-new at host mail.mak.ac.ug. Our internal reference code for your
message is 21662-04/EUHGsEqR1cWQ

Undeliverable mail MTA blocked

My smtp-failure mailman logs show the output below:

Low level smtp error: [Errno111] Connection refused, msgid: <mailman.0.1272542181.3599.apr at muklists.mak.ac.ug>delivery
to apr at dicts.mak.ac.ug failed with code -1: [Errno 111] Connection refused

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 7, 2010 at 2:03 pm

    I am unable to reply Mailman Administrator , how best can i fix this
    problem the output i get is below

    The message WAS NOT relayed to:<name at domain name>: [127.0.0.1] said:554
    5.4.0 Failed, id!662-04, from MTA([127.0.0.1]:10025): 554 5.4.0 Error:
    too many hops

    Your mail system is mis-configured in some way. I can only guess, but it
    looks like you may have circular aliases for this address, whatever it
    is, i.e., this address is aliased to some other address which directly
    or indirectly is aliased back to this address.

    This nondelivery report was generated by the program amavisd-new at host
    mail.mak.ac.ug. Our internal reference code for your message is
    21662-04/EUHGsEqR1cWQ

    Undeliverable mail MTA blocked

    My smtp-failure mailman logs show the output below:

    Low level smtp error: [Errno111] Connection refused, msgid:
    <mailman.0.1272542181.3599.apr at muklists.mak.ac.ug>delivery to
    apr at dicts.mak.ac.ug failed with code -1: [Errno 111] Connection refused

    This looks relatively benign, and I don't think it is related to the
    above error. The message-id indicates this is a message generated by
    Mailman (either a notice, a confirmation or a digest) on behalf of the
    apr at muklists.mak.ac.ug list and it is being sent to a similar address,
    apr at dicts.mak.ac.ug which presumably doesn't deliver back to the list
    (it would be a problem if it did, but not the cause of the error).

    If this is a persistent error, see the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/-IA9> for some debugging hints, but it basically
    says Mailman was unable to connect to the outgoing MTA to send this
    message. If it is persistent, the MTA that mailman is sending to
    (probably on localhost:25) is not accepting connects from the Mailman
    server (again probably localhost), and Mailman can't send mail at all.
    If it is transient, it may be associated with an MTA restart or
    something of that nature and can be ignored.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 7, '10 at 6:43a
activeMay 7, '10 at 2:03p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Kibirango Moses: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post