Lastly...

Is there any special order for making these changes, or just:

1. Make the changes to mm_cfg.py per below

2. Restart mailman

3. Run $prefix/bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url to fix all existing lists

4. Restart mailman

5. Done...?

Thanks again,

Charles

******************* My current and proposed new settings:

Defaults.py currently contains
DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'myhost.example.com'
DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'myhost.example.com'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'
And my current/recently edited mm_cfg.py - the commented settings/lines
below are the changes I've added, in preparation for the change, and
will just comment/uncomment the relevant ones to 'flip the switch':
# Put YOUR site-specific settings below this line.
MTA = 'Postfix'
#DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST = 'example.com'
#DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'lists.example.com'
#add_virtualhost(DEFAULT_URL_HOST, DEFAULT_EMAIL_HOST)
#VIRTUAL_HOSTS.clear()
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'https://%s/mailman/'
#POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['lists.example.com']
POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['myhost.example.com']
ALLOW_SITE_ADMIN_COOKIES = Yes
--

Charles

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at May 2, 2010 at 9:36 pm

    Tanstaafl wrote:
    Is there any special order for making these changes, or just:

    1. Make the changes to mm_cfg.py per below

    2. Restart mailman

    3. Run $prefix/bin/withlist -l -a -r fix_url to fix all existing lists

    4. Restart mailman

    5. Done...?

    It probably isn't necessary to restart Mailman at all for these
    changes. I would skip the step 2 restart and just to be safe, do the
    one after fix_url. Or to be really safe, stop Mailman before step 1
    and start Mailman at step 4

    What about web server changes for the lists.example.com vs.
    myhost.example.com change (there may not be any), and DNS for the
    lists.example.com domain?

    Note that if 'example.com' is a virtual domain in Postfix, you will need

    POSTFIX_STYLE_VIRTUAL_DOMAINS = ['example.com']

    and in that case, I recommend step 0 stop Postfix, Step 3.5 Run
    $prefix/bin/genaliases, step 4.5 start Postfix.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMay 2, '10 at 8:46p
activeMay 2, '10 at 9:36p