IIUC,

In migrating from OS X to Ubuntu, my old URLs, listed on all the links
on all the pages brought over, had addresses without /cgi-bin/, like
this:

http://lists.aps.edu/mailman/admin

The new install expects the /cgi-bin/, like this:

http://lists.aps.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/admin

What's the best way to fix this?

Thank you,

Davis Lee

WAN Administrator

Albuquerque Public Schools

505 830 6870

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 30, 2010 at 9:08 pm

    Lee, Davis H wrote:
    In migrating from OS X to Ubuntu, my old URLs, listed on all the links
    on all the pages brought over, had addresses without /cgi-bin/, like
    this:

    http://lists.aps.edu/mailman/admin

    The new install expects the /cgi-bin/, like this:

    http://lists.aps.edu/cgi-bin/mailman/admin

    What's the best way to fix this?

    If your web server is Apache, it has something in its configuration like

    ScriptAlias /cgi-bin/mailman/ "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/"

    Change that or its equivalent in your web server to

    ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin/"

    You will then also find that either mm_cfg.py or Defaults.py contains

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/cgi-bin/mailman/'

    If it's in mm_cfg.py, change it, or if it's in Defaults.py, override it
    in mm_cfg.py so you have in mm_cfg.py

    DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s/mailman/'

    You will then need to run fix_url to update the web_page_url attribute
    for existing lists (see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/mIA9>).

  • Terri Oda at Apr 30, 2010 at 9:09 pm

    Lee, Davis H wrote:
    In migrating from OS X to Ubuntu, my old URLs, listed on all the links
    on all the pages brought over, had addresses without /cgi-bin/, >
    What's the best way to fix this?

    There's a withlist script in $mailman/bin called "fixurl.py" -- you'll
    need to run it on lists to give them the appropriate new URLs. Assuming
    the new system is already set up with the new style of URL as the default,

    bin/withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME

    should do the trick (since it defaults to the, uh, default)

    Terri
  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 30, 2010 at 9:17 pm

    Terri Oda wrote:
    Lee, Davis H wrote:
    In migrating from OS X to Ubuntu, my old URLs, listed on all the links
    on all the pages brought over, had addresses without /cgi-bin/,

    What's the best way to fix this?

    There's a withlist script in $mailman/bin called "fixurl.py" -- you'll
    need to run it on lists to give them the appropriate new URLs. Assuming
    the new system is already set up with the new style of URL as the default,

    bin/withlist -l -r fix_url LISTNAME

    should do the trick (since it defaults to the, uh, default)

    Upon rereading your the question, I see Terri's answer rather than mine
    is probably the one you were looking for.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 30, '10 at 8:18p
activeApr 30, '10 at 9:17p