Hello,

I tried to install the mailman port (FreeBSD 8.0-RELEASE-p2 amd64) this
morning and it bombs out during the install phase:

<snip>
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/TopicMgr.py ...
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/UserDesc.py ...
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py ...
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Version.py ...
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/__init__.py ...
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/htmlformat.py ...
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py ...
Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/versions.py ...
*** Signal 11

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailman/work/mailman-2.1.12.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailman.
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/mail/mailman.

</snip>

the only corresponding thing I see in the logs is:
Apr 22 11:18:51 greed kernel: pid 38872 (python2.6), uid 0: exited on
signal 11 (core dumped)

Any thoughts on what to look at to correct this?

Thank you,
Peter

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 22, 2010 at 5:24 pm

    Peter Clark wrote:
[...]

    This is a FreeBSD packaging question, not a Mailman question. Signal 11
    usually is a segmentation fault. Python shouldn't be seg faulting when
    trying to compile anything. I would guess it is a problem with the
    Python installation somehow or some kind of packaging incompatibility.

  • Lindsay Haisley at Apr 22, 2010 at 5:35 pm

    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/TopicMgr.py ...
    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/UserDesc.py ...
    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Utils.py ...
    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Version.py ...
    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/__init__.py ...
    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/htmlformat.py ...
    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/i18n.py ...
    Compiling /usr/local/mailman/Mailman/versions.py ...
    *** Signal 11
    Isn't Signal 11 generally an indication of a hardware (e.g. memory)
    failure?

    --
    Lindsay Haisley | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
    FMP Computer Services | to solve it." - Albert Einstein