FAQ
Is there a way to force all users to be listed on one page, versus having to
click through the alphabetical letters?



--
Brian J. Luria DVM, DACVIM
Bluepearl Veterinary Partners
Florida Veterinary Specialists
Tampa: (813) 933-8944
Clearwater: (727) 572-0132
Brandon: (813) 571-3303
www.bluepearlvet.com

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 21, 2010 at 9:29 pm

    Brian Luria wrote:
    Is there a way to force all users to be listed on one page, versus having to
    click through the alphabetical letters?

    If your Mailman version is 2.1.10 or later, set admin_member_chunksize
    on the list's General Options page to a number greater than the number
    of list members.

    For older versions, set it with bin/withlist or bin/config_list.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Brian Luria at Apr 22, 2010 at 2:34 am
    Thank you.
    Looks like I have 2.1.9 - (have to look at upgrading)

    Where is the best place for me to start understanding terminal commands like
    you list there. I am honestly not even sure where to start. I am only used
    to the web based interface.
    On Wed, Apr 21, 2010 at 5:29 PM, Mark Sapiro wrote:

    Brian Luria wrote:
    Is there a way to force all users to be listed on one page, versus having to
    click through the alphabetical letters?

    If your Mailman version is 2.1.10 or later, set admin_member_chunksize
    on the list's General Options page to a number greater than the number
    of list members.

    For older versions, set it with bin/withlist or bin/config_list.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

    --
    Brian J. Luria DVM, DACVIM
    Bluepearl Veterinary Partners
    Florida Veterinary Specialists
    Tampa: (813) 933-8944
    Clearwater: (727) 572-0132
    Brandon: (813) 571-3303
    www.bluepearlvet.com
  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 22, 2010 at 3:08 am
    Brian Luria
    Where is the best place for me to start understanding terminal commands like
    you list there. I am honestly not even sure where to start. I am only used
    to the web based interface.

    The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/z4A9> lists the commands and what
    they do.

    Each command has a --help option that gives the usage and options for
    the command.

    The two most useful commands for manipulating non GUI things or things
    for all lists at once are bin/withlist and bin/config_list. Withlist
    can run Python scripts against one or all lists and can invoke an
    interactive Python interpreter with a list instance that can be
    examined and changed interactively, but this requires both Python
    knowledge and some knowledge of Mailman internals.

    bin/config_list is more "friendly". For example, in this case you would
    just create a file containing the single line

    admin_member_chunksize = 100

    or whatever number you need, and run

    bin/config_list --inputfile /path/to/above/file listname

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan
  • Schwartz, Robert - IS at Apr 30, 2010 at 6:01 pm
    This is the same question I have. I don't know how to use to script in Windows XP. I only use to web to get to my mail. Nothing is saved on my system.


    Re: [Mailman-Users] List all users on one page

    Mark Sapiro
    Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:10:41 -0700

    Brian Luria

    >
    Where is the best place for me to start understanding terminal commands like
    you list there. I am honestly not even sure where to start. I am only used
    to the web based interface.




    The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/z4A9> lists the commands and what

    they do.



    Each command has a --help option that gives the usage and options for

    the command.



    The two most useful commands for manipulating non GUI things or things

    for all lists at once are bin/withlist and bin/config_list. Withlist

    can run Python scripts against one or all lists and can invoke an

    interactive Python interpreter with a list instance that can be

    examined and changed interactively, but this requires both Python

    knowledge and some knowledge of Mailman internals.



    bin/config_list is more "friendly". For example, in this case you would

    just create a file containing the single line



    admin_member_chunksize = 100



    or whatever number you need, and run



    bin/config_list --inputfile /path/to/above/file listname



    ________________________________
    This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
    Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
  • Terri Oda at May 1, 2010 at 4:05 am
    There are quite a variety of tutorials, all of which are rather out of
    scope for this list. Search for "command line tutorial" or somesuch in
    google and you'll find plenty of links.

    Here's one for linux: http://www.linuxcommand.org/
    And here's for windows:
    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/tutorial76.html

    (I haven't used either of those, since I learned the command line
    several decades ago, but at a glance they look reasonable.)

    If those don't suit, many local libraries and colleges can introduce you
    to someone who can do one-on-one training, assuming you're willing to
    pay for an hour of someone's time.

    Terri




    Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:
    This is the same question I have. I don't know how to use to script in Windows XP. I only use to web to get to my mail. Nothing is saved on my system.


    Re: [Mailman-Users] List all users on one page

    Mark Sapiro
    Wed, 21 Apr 2010 20:10:41 -0700

    Brian Luria

    Where is the best place for me to start understanding terminal commands like
    you list there. I am honestly not even sure where to start. I am only used
    to the web based interface.




    The FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/z4A9> lists the commands and what

    they do.



    Each command has a --help option that gives the usage and options for

    the command.



    The two most useful commands for manipulating non GUI things or things

    for all lists at once are bin/withlist and bin/config_list. Withlist

    can run Python scripts against one or all lists and can invoke an

    interactive Python interpreter with a list instance that can be

    examined and changed interactively, but this requires both Python

    knowledge and some knowledge of Mailman internals.



    bin/config_list is more "friendly". For example, in this case you would

    just create a file containing the single line



    admin_member_chunksize = 100



    or whatever number you need, and run



    bin/config_list --inputfile /path/to/above/file listname



    ________________________________
    This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may be proprietary and are intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender.
    Please note that any views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of ITT Corporation. The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses. ITT accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this e-mail.
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Mailman-Users mailing list Mailman-Users at python.org
    http://mail.python.org/mailman/listinfo/mailman-users
    Mailman FAQ: http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3
    Security Policy: http://wiki.list.org/x/QIA9
    Searchable Archives: http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users%40python.org/
    Unsubscribe: http://mail.python.org/mailman/options/mailman-users/terri%40zone12.com
  • Mark Sapiro at May 1, 2010 at 4:13 am

    Schwartz, Robert - IS wrote:
    This is the same question I have. I don't know how to use to script in Windows XP. I only use to web to get to my mail. Nothing is saved on my system.

    Did you see my initial reply in that thread at
    <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2010-April/069315.html>?

    If not, see it. If you did see that and you can't do this from the web
    admin interface, your Mailman must be 2.1.9 or older. If that is the
    case, and as it appears, it is hosted on a server that you don't have
    command line access to, then you have no way to change
    admin_member_chunksize from it's default value to get all the members
    on one page.

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California better use your sense - B. Dylan

Related Discussions

Discussion Navigation
viewthread | post
Discussion Overview
groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 21, '10 at 9:18p
activeMay 1, '10 at 4:13a
posts7
users4
websitelist.org

People

Translate

site design / logo © 2022 Grokbase