Hello,

I recently upgraded to the latest 2.X release of Mailman. Ever since, my
digest users have not been receiving their emails. Can't see anything in
the Mailman logfiles that indicates a problem. Is there a command to try
to manually send the digest, and if I can do so, where might I watch for
issues? It has been a long time since I've done any Mailman admin stuff.

Thanks,
Kevin

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Apr 17, 2010 at 4:35 pm

    Kevin McCann wrote:
    I recently upgraded to the latest 2.X release of Mailman. Ever since, my
    digest users have not been receiving their emails. Can't see anything in
    the Mailman logfiles that indicates a problem. Is there a command to try
    to manually send the digest, and if I can do so, where might I watch for
    issues? It has been a long time since I've done any Mailman admin stuff.

    Mailman's cron/senddigests is what sends digests. You can run it
    manually (give the --help option to see options) as root or any user
    in Mailman's group. If run manually, it should report problems to the
    terminal.

    Also, check Mailman's crontab and the system cron logs to see that the
    crontab is properly installed and it's cron jobs are being run, and
    see the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/H4Cj>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedApr 17, '10 at 3:56p
activeApr 17, '10 at 4:35p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Kevin McCann: 1 post