We have an organization with a need for a mailing list manager. Their
desire is to have something that allows them to enter a contact name and
a contact email address. Most systems we have reviewed only show email
addresses so deciphering who is actually on the list is impossible. I
realize that users can subscribe/unsubscribe by email but this is not
what they need. Does Mailman manage lists with contact name AND email
address? I could not tell easily from the product information.

Thanks!

All the best,

David

David Scarborough
Net Friends, Inc * SciMed Solutions, Inc * 327 W Main St * Durham, NC
27701
Ph 919-680-3763 * Fax 919-680-3377 * eFax 866-329-0644
www.netfriends.com <http://www.netfriends.com/>
www.scimedsolutions.com <http://www.scimedsolutions.com/>

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 23, 2010 at 2:34 pm

    David Scarborough wrote:
    We have an organization with a need for a mailing list manager. Their
    desire is to have something that allows them to enter a contact name and
    a contact email address. Most systems we have reviewed only show email
    addresses so deciphering who is actually on the list is impossible. I
    realize that users can subscribe/unsubscribe by email but this is not
    what they need. Does Mailman manage lists with contact name AND email
    address? I could not tell easily from the product information.

    Mailman keeps the "real name" and email address for each list member.
    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/YoA9>.

    However, Mailman does very little with this name. It is displayed
    various places, but we would need to know more detail about why you
    want Mailman to track the name to be able to say if Mailman does what
    you want.

  • Stephen J. Turnbull at Mar 23, 2010 at 3:00 pm