Hey I created a mailing list. The list automaticaly sent a welcome message to my clients. (i didn't want this) this is the default setting. I think this should be changed in the future versions of mailman.

Is there a way to cancel these welcome messages before my clients see them.?

Thank You
Raj.

Take your contacts everywhere
http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid�12959

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 21, 2010 at 3:18 pm

    Rajeeth S wrote:
    Hey I created a mailing list. The list automaticaly sent a welcome message to my clients. (i didn't want this) this is the default setting. I think this should be changed in the future versions of mailman.

    I think it is the appropriate default.

    Is there a way to cancel these welcome messages before my clients see them.?

    Why do you not want your clients to get the welcome message? If you
    think the message is inappropriate, you can edit the template via the
    list admin GUI "Edit the public HTML pages and text files" link.

    And yes, I assume you are using the admin Mass Subscription page to add
    members. There is a "Send welcome messages to new subscribees?" radio
    button on that page.

    If you mean "cancel" the ones already sent, no, you can't do that.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 20, '10 at 4:32p
activeMar 21, '10 at 3:18p