Technical Team
___
Nagios Enterprises, LLC
Email: mmestnik at nagios.com
Web: www.nagios.com

Search Discussions

  • Mike Mestnik at Mar 16, 2010 at 5:18 pm

    Mike Mestnik wrote:
    Hello,
    I'd like to share with every one that I just deployed mailman using
    the contributed mm-handler and that I had some issues working with the
    default sendmail configuration that I plan to bring to the sendmail
    developers.

    If there are any other comments or questions on this configuration I'd
    be glad to hear them.

    This configuration does work for me.
    I spoke with sendmail-2010(Claus Assmann) and was given a new idea as to
    how to set these options. This is what was pointed out for CentOS54:

    define(`LOCAL_MAILER_FLAGS', `rhqSu')
    MODIFY_MAILER_FLAGS(`LOCAL', `-sAw5:/|@q')
    define(`LOCAL_MAILER_PATH',
    `/usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9/contrib/mm-handler, U=mailman:mail')
    define(`LOCAL_MAILER_ARGS', `mm-handler $h $u')
    define(`LOCAL_MAILER_DSN_DIAGNOSTIC_CODE', `DNS/RFC822/SMTP')
    MAILER(`local', )dnl

    #!/bin/sh
    chmod ug+x /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9/contrib/mm-handler*
    chown root:mail /usr/share/doc/mailman-2.1.9/contrib/mm-handler*

    I'm unsure still what all of these options do, but I'm told that these
    options will generate a Mlocal that matches what I'm using.

    I hope this helps future sendmail users.

    --
    Mike Mestnik
    Technical Team
    Email: mmestnik at nagios.com