Hi

Really sorry to bother you guys; I'm sure you're busy with lots of development issues.

I'm just hoping you might be able to help with a problem with our Mailman configuration, even though it's not standard Mailman.

We're running Mailman under Mac OSX Server 10.6.2. For the most part, it runs incredibly well and I'm more than happy with it.

However, we're having a problem which nobody seems to be able to resolve and we cannot find out from anybody at Apple how to fix.

We have a mailing list configured which, at one time, was set to require confirmation and approval on subscriptions. We changed that policy to just 'confirm', but it seems that when we made the change, a pending confirmation was waiting to be processed.

Now, we're getting admin messages to the moderator and list owner's address daily telling us that this confirmation is outstanding.

When we try clicking on the link and tending to the request by selecting reject, we get the message:

"We hit a bug! Please inform the webmaster and look in the error log", or words to that effect.

However, there doesn't seem to be anything in the err file pertaining to this. So what I'm asking is whether there is a way to clear this, as it must be cached somewhere I think.

Also, subsequent subscription requests from the email address concerned are being ignored by Mailman which, I think, is part of the same problem.

Thanks in advance, and may I just say also thanks for producing such an accessible web-based list manager. We use screen-readers to interface with our computers and MailMan is very user-friendly from our point of view. Descriptions for everything, very well written and explained interactive help. Great job.

Gordon

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 14, 2010 at 2:56 pm

    Gordon Smith wrote:
[...]

    What 'err' file. Are you looking in Mailman's 'error' log?

    Also, subsequent subscription requests from the email address concerned are being ignored by Mailman which, I think, is part of the same problem.

    I'm not sure about that, but you can start by just removing Mailman's
    lists/LISTNAME/request.pck file. If there are other admindb requests
    for this list, handle them first. That will get rid of the daily
    notices, and the file will be recreated when needed.

    Then if there are still problems with new subscriptions, we'll have to
    investigate that. There may be an issue with the
    lists/LISTNAME/pending.pck file.

    What is the issue. Do confirmations not get sent, or do they fail when
    attempting to confirm?

    If the latter, have you tried confirming by both web and email?

    There is a script at <http://www.msapiro.net/scripts/list_pending>
    which will list the pending confirmations which may help.

    Thanks in advance, and may I just say also thanks for producing such an accessible web-based list manager. We use screen-readers to interface with our computers and MailMan is very user-friendly from our point of view. Descriptions for everything, very well written and explained interactive help. Great job.

    Thank you.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 14, '10 at 7:22a
activeMar 14, '10 at 2:56p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Gordon Smith: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post