Hi All

I searched archives and checked faq but couldn't find this, apologies if
I'm keyword 'tarded this morning.

Is it possible to strip the Sender Signature?

Our lists are subscribed to some other lists, and we're having problems
with members unsubscribing us from those lists instead of unsubbing from
ours.

Thanks in advance, any help appreciated,

moose

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 13, 2010 at 3:56 am

    Artabase wrote:
    I searched archives and checked faq but couldn't find this, apologies if
    I'm keyword 'tarded this morning.

    Is it possible to strip the Sender Signature?

    What is the sender signature?

    Our lists are subscribed to some other lists, and we're having problems
    with members unsubscribing us from those lists instead of unsubbing from
    ours.

    Do you mean that your list is subscribed to some other list, and the
    other list adds a footer similar to the following:

    and then members of your list see that footer, follow the Unsubscribe
    link, request unsubscription, and then receive the confirmation (sent
    to your list) and confirm the unsubscribe?

    If that's what you mean, you have a couple of choices. Mailman has no
    facility for removing that footer from the post to your list, but you
    can add your own footer with a message something like

    DO NOT USE THE ABOVE LINK TO UNSUBSCRIBE!
    to yourlist-unsubscribe at yourdomain.

    Or you could add header_filter_rules to your list with regexps like

    ^subject:\s*confirm [0-9a-f]{32}\s*$
    ^from:.*-confirm\+[0-9a-f]{32}@

    and an action of Discard to prevent the confirmations from reaching
    your list.

    Of course someone with intent to unsubscribe your list from the remote
    list could always request a password reminder from the remote list
    which would be posted to your list, and then use the password to
    unsubscribe without confirmation.

    You could add

    to the regexps above to stop the password reminders too.

    If the above is not the scenario that you are encountering, then please
    be more specific about exactly what it is.

  • Artabase at Mar 16, 2010 at 10:29 pm
    Hi Mark

    Thanks so much for your detailed and perceptive response. You got
    everything on the mark and I haven't tried it yet but I believe your
    regexp is what I'm looking for.

    Many thanks for taking the time to respond to my query.

    Rebecca

    Mark Sapiro wrote:
    Artabase wrote:
[...]

groupmailman-users @