I have a list serve with you and for some reason we can no longer send attachments through. Can you please help me to fix this issue? Thank you.Jeremy
http://clk.atdmt.com/GBL/go/201469229/direct/01/

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Mar 1, 2010 at 3:23 pm

    jeremy croft wrote:
    I have a list serve with you and for some reason we can no longer send attachments through. Can you please help me to fix this issue? Thank you.Jeremy

    You do not have a "list serv" [1] with us. We are the GNU Mailman
    project, not LSoft.

    You may have a Mailman list using our software, but it is not "with us"
    unless it's address is @python.org.

    Your issue, if it is a Mailman list, is with the list's content
    filtering options. If you are not the list owner, you need to contact
    the list owner at an address like listname-owner at listdomain where
    listname at listdomain is the list's posting address and -owner is
    literally that.

    If you are the list owner, you need to adjust your list's Content
    filtering settings (or turn of filter_content) in the list's web admin
    interface to do what you want.

    [1] Please do not refer to Mailman lists as 'listservs'. Listserv(r) is
    a registered trademark[2] owned by the developer of a particular email
    list management product, and it shouldn't be used generically.

    My personal interest in this is not to protect the Listserv(r)
    trademark, but rather to avoid confusing Listserv(r) email list
    management software with any other email list management software
    including GNU Mailman of which I am a developer.

    [2] <http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/trademark.asp>

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedMar 1, '10 at 5:55a
activeMar 1, '10 at 3:23p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Jeremy croft: 1 post