Hello,

every time I send an attached file to my mailing list, the users that
receive that e-mail, claim that there appear to be more than one
attached files in the received message.

Last time I tested it: I attached to the outgoing message 2 files. I
received a message with the 2 attached files, but there had been
attached 2 more files (with names "Part 1.2" and "Part 1.5").

1. Is that possible to configure Mailman NOT TO attach by default extra
files to the message? How should I do that?

2. I have written the header and footer text of the messages in greek
language. Thus, the text appeared in the received messages displays
something like "αυτό ε". In "Language Options",
there doesn't seem to support Greek language. Are there any
localizations available and how can i install them?

Thank you in advance

P.S.: I use Mailman 2.1.12.cp3

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 31, 2010 at 7:55 pm

    every time I send an attached file to my mailing list, the users that
    receive that e-mail, claim that there appear to be more than one
    attached files in the received message.

    Last time I tested it: I attached to the outgoing message 2 files. I
    received a message with the 2 attached files, but there had been
    attached 2 more files (with names "Part 1.2" and "Part 1.5").

    1. Is that possible to configure Mailman NOT TO attach by default extra
    files to the message? How should I do that?

    Ensure that msg_header and msg_footer are empty. See the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/84A9>.

    2. I have written the header and footer text of the messages in greek
    language. Thus, the text appeared in the received messages displays
    something like "&#945;&#965;&#964;&#972; &#949;". In "Language Options",
    there doesn't seem to support Greek language. Are there any
    localizations available and how can i install them?

    There is currently no Greek localization for Mailman. Would you like to
    help create one?

    P.S.: I use Mailman 2.1.12.cp3

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

groupmailman-users @