I am running a "paid" mailman list for my community on a dedicated server (cpanel) - we provide member with our own email address to post message to the list.

I'd like to retrieve the "date" when my list member got subscribed to my list.

I am familiar with the following commands:
/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n byadmin listname
/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n bybounce listname
/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n byuser listname

but "/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n bydate listname" was not exist.

Can anyone please help.

Thanks in advance,
Danny

Search Discussions

  • Ralf Hildebrandt at Jan 30, 2010 at 2:33 pm

    * Danny hendrawan <danny at puterakembara.org>:
    Hi,

    I am running a "paid" mailman list for my community on a dedicated server (cpanel) - we provide member with our own email address to post message to the list.

    I'd like to retrieve the "date" when my list member got subscribed to my list.
    You need to retrieve that info from the mailman logs
    (logs/subscribe)

    Jan 30 00:00:34 2010 (20822) listname: new address at domain,

    --
    Ralf Hildebrandt
    Gesch?ftsbereich IT | Abteilung Netzwerk

    Danny hendrawan wrote:
    I am running a "paid" mailman list for my community on a dedicated server (cpanel) - we provide member with our own email address to post message to the list.

    I'd like to retrieve the "date" when my list member got subscribed to my list.

    I am familiar with the following commands:
    /usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n byadmin listname
    /usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n bybounce listname
    /usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n byuser listname

    but "/usr/mailman/bin/list_members -n bydate listname" was not exist.
    The options '-n byadmin', '-n bybounce' and '-n byuser' are used to
    list only those members whose delivery is disabled by the list admin,
    bounce processing or the user respectively. Thus, '-n bydate' is
    meaningless.

    Further, Mailman does not store the user's subscribe date so that
    information is simple unavailable from the list. The only way to find
    when a user subscribed is to find that user's subscribe entry in
    Mailman's subscribe log(s). E.g.

    grep -i user at example.com /usr/local/mailman/logs/subscribe*

    (substitute the desired address and the correct path to Mailman's logs
    if different).

    Of course, this assumes that the information wasn't in a log that has
    disappeared via rotation. Thus, if you really want to do this, either
    don't rotate Mailman's subscribe log or keep your own subscription
    date records.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 29, '10 at 11:28p