Good evening,

I have a question that I am not quite sure how to pose but here it goes:

I have an Ubuntu server running Mailman 2.1.9, Postfix 2.5.1 and
procmail 3.22. I have gotten mailman and postfix to work correctly
using the postfix-to-mailman.py file.

How does one integrate procmail into this mixture with the
postfix-to-mailman.py file? Is it possible to do this or does one have
to configure postfix and mailman differently in order to have procmail
do some filtering?

Thanks in advance.

Marc Taylor

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 16, 2010 at 3:43 am

    Taylor, Marc wrote:
    I have an Ubuntu server running Mailman 2.1.9, Postfix 2.5.1 and
    procmail 3.22. I have gotten mailman and postfix to work correctly
    using the postfix-to-mailman.py file.

    How does one integrate procmail into this mixture with the
    postfix-to-mailman.py file? Is it possible to do this or does one have
    to configure postfix and mailman differently in order to have procmail
    do some filtering?

    I understand that postfix_to_mailman.py is packaged with the
    Debian/Ubuntu Mailman package, but it is 3rd party software, not
    supported (officially at least) by the GNU Mailman project.

    That said, one possibility might be to modify the mailman transport in
    /etc/postfix/master.cf to invoke procmail instead of
    postfix_to_mailman.py and then have procmail invoke
    postfix_to_mailman.py for the mail it wants to deliver.

    Another possibility is to modify postfix_to_mailman.py to invoje
    procmail instead of Mailman's mail wrapper and then have procmail
    invoke Mailman's wrapper to post the mail.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 15, '10 at 11:17p
activeJan 16, '10 at 3:43a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Taylor, Marc: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post