Hello,

I am making umbrella list. but I gives an account to me that this umbrella
list concern and is useful only for recalls of passwords at the end of the
month.

I made a list of distribution *X at maling... *In this list of distribution
there are two other distribution liste, namely *Y at mailing...* and *
Z at mailing...* I would like that, when a message is sent to the list of
distribution *X at maling...*, softened or not, the members or subscribers of
lists *Y at mailing...* and *Z at mailing...* receive the message directly. Is
there any possibility? I tried to make it but when the moderator accepts a
notification of a message sent to the parent list(*X at maling...)*, in object
this marks " implicit Destination ".

Kind regards,

Marie Yvette Leguojeu

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jan 13, 2010 at 2:52 pm

    Marie-Yvette INGABIRE wrote:
    I am making umbrella list. but I gives an account to me that this umbrella
    list concern and is useful only for recalls of passwords at the end of the
    month.

    I think you are talking about the settings umbrella_list and
    umbrella_member_suffix.

    If the members of list-x are other lists such as list-y and list-z, you
    probably do not want administrative notices such as monthly password
    reminders or on-demand password reminders from list-x to be sent to
    the members of list-y and list-z. If this is the case, you set
    list-x's 'umbrella-list' to Yes and 'umbrella_member_suffix' to
    '-owner' and those notices go to list-y-owner and list-z-owner instead.

    However, if list-x also contains a combination of individual members
    and list members, you need to set list-x's umbrella_list to No, or
    individual members won't be able to receive password reminders.

    I made a list of distribution *X at maling... *In this list of distribution
    there are two other distribution liste, namely *Y at mailing...* and *
    Z at mailing...* I would like that, when a message is sent to the list of
    distribution *X at maling...*, softened or not, the members or subscribers of
    lists *Y at mailing...* and *Z at mailing...* receive the message directly. Is
    there any possibility? I tried to make it but when the moderator accepts a
    notification of a message sent to the parent list(*X at maling...)*, in object
    this marks " implicit Destination ".

    Go to the web admin Privacy options... -> Recipient filters page (in
    the French localization Options de confidentialit?... -> Filtres
    destinataire) for each of the *Y at mailing...* and *Z at mailing...* lists
    and either set require_explicit_destination to No or add the posting
    address of the *X at maling... * list to acceptable_aliases.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJan 13, '10 at 9:05a
activeJan 13, '10 at 2:52p