Hello, folks

We have about two dozens of lists set to confirm subscription. All
lists are working except one. Somehow the confirmation email never get
to the users even though, the smtp log indicates that Mailman
dispatches a message for each subscription.

Jan 06 16:14:51 2010 (2305) <mailman.0.1262823290.13100.chs_parents at mailman.server.address
smtp to chs_parents for 1 recips, completed in 0.067 seconds
Jan 06 16:17:29 2010 (2305) <mailman.0.1262823448.13144.chs_parents at mailman.server.address
smtp to chs_parents for 1 recips, completed in 0.072 seconds
Jan 06 16:19:40 2010 (2305) <mailman.0.1262823579.13186.chs_parents at mailman.server.address
smtp to chs_parents for 1 recips, completed in 0.070 seconds
Jan 06 16:23:39 2010 (2305) <mailman.0.1262823817.13285.chs_parents at mailman.server.address
smtp to chs_parents for 1 recips, completed in 0.066 seconds
On the recipient side, the ISP could not find any trace of the
messages being delivered to their email server. They ask us to check
whether the messages were successfully hand-off. Beside from the smtp
log, any other log that may indicates the messages were successfully
sent out?

Our Mailman is hosted on Fedora 10, Mailman 2.1.12, Exim 4.69-7

Any advice is very appreciate for the newbie :)

Search Discussions

  • Adam McGreggor at Jan 8, 2010 at 6:48 pm

    We have about two dozens of lists set to confirm subscription. All
    lists are working except one.
    Curious. What's different in that list's config, that isn't with the
    others? Maybe dump the lists configs, and diff them?
    Somehow the confirmation email never get
    to the users even though, the smtp log indicates that Mailman
    dispatches a message for each subscription.

    Jan 06 16:14:51 2010 (2305)
    <mailman.0.1262823290.13100.chs_parents at mailman.server.address > smtp to
    chs_parents for 1 recips, completed in 0.067 seconds
    Obscuring (if that's what you've done) may not have been too helpful
    there. If not, your hostname isn't the best choice.
    On the recipient side, the ISP could not find any trace of the
    messages being delivered to their email server. They ask us to check
    whether the messages were successfully hand-off. Beside from the smtp
    log, any other log that may indicates the messages were successfully
    sent out?

    Our Mailman is hosted on Fedora 10, Mailman 2.1.12, Exim 4.69-7
    Your exim logs.

    --
    ``There are two ways of constructing a software design. One way is to make
    it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies and the other is to

    Hung Phan wrote:
    On the recipient side, the ISP could not find any trace of the
    messages being delivered to their email server. They ask us to check
    whether the messages were successfully hand-off. Beside from the smtp
    log, any other log that may indicates the messages were successfully
    sent out?

    Our Mailman is hosted on Fedora 10, Mailman 2.1.12, Exim 4.69-7

    Assuming that Mailman is delivering to the local Exim, check Exim's log
    - probably /var/log/exim/exim_main.log.

  • Hung Phan at Jan 8, 2010 at 9:42 pm
    Bingo, got it!
    The exim log shows that "-owner" is attached to the recipient address.
    Got to do with umbrella list.

    Thank you for the advice,

    On the recipient side, the ISP could not find any trace of the
    messages being delivered to their email server. They ask us to check
    whether the messages were successfully hand-off. Beside from the smtp
    log, any other log that may indicates the messages were successfully
    sent out?

    Our Mailman is hosted on Fedora 10, Mailman 2.1.12, Exim 4.69-7

    Assuming that Mailman is delivering to the local Exim, check Exim's
    log
    - probably /var/log/exim/exim_main.log.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython