Thanks,

Chris LeLeux
Bitwise Logic, Inc.
<mailto:chris.leleux at bitwiselogic.com> chris.leleux at bitwiselogic.com
952-746-4360

Search Discussions

  • Adam-Mailman at Dec 30, 2009 at 1:41 pm

    On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 08:48:32PM -0600, Chris Leleux wrote:
    This is probably a stupid question, but I'm having trouble setting up a new
    ListServ for a client.
    How about redirecting your question to the listserv list?

    --
    ``Freedom of the press in Britain means freedom to print such of the
    proprietor's prejudices as the advertisers don't object to.''

    Chris Leleux wrote:
    This is probably a stupid question, but I'm having trouble setting up a new
    ListServ for a client.

    If you are setting up a ListServ (sic)[1], you've come to the wrong
    place. This list is for Mailman lists, not ListServ lists.

    I have created a new mail list - and added an admin and moderator. I've
    created three members (using 3 email accounts of mine). These three user
    accounts have received the message they been "subscribed". The problem is
    when I send a message to the listserv - the one in the subscribe email,
    nothing happens. It's not held and yet it doesn't go anywhere. However
    when someone that's not a member sends a message to that same listserv -
    those get held in the pending file (waiting for the moderator to accept
    them.

    What's im Mailman's vette log (if you have access)? What hapens to the
    held posts if you accept them?

    Probably Content Filtering is discarding the messages, but it is hard
    to say without more information.

    [1] I know that use of Listserv(r) as a generic term to refer to an
    email list or email list management software is ubiquitious, and I'm
    just pissing in the wind to fight it, but Listserv(r) is a registered
    trademark[2] owned by the developer of a particular email list
    management product, and it shouldn't be used generically.

    My personal interest in this is not to protect the Listserv(r)
    trademark, but rather to avoid confusing Listserv(r) email list
    management software with any other email list management software
    including GNU Mailman of which I am a developer.

    [2] <http://www.lsoft.com/corporate/trademark.asp>

  • Stephen J. Turnbull at Jan 1, 2010 at 7:50 am