I've been asked to setup a couple mailing lists we have at work so
that, when somebody sends a mail to mylist at example.com and one of the
members of the list click on "Reply all" the reply doesn't get into
the list again.

Is there any way to hide the list email address (the To: header) so
that mail clients doesn't see it?

Thanks a lot for your help.

--
Matias Emanuel Surdi.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 28, 2009 at 2:08 pm

    Matias Surdi wrote:
    members of the list click on "Reply all" the reply doesn't get into
    the list again.

    Is there any way to hide the list email address (the To: header) so
    that mail clients doesn't see it?

    Not really. You can fully personalize the list and messages will then
    be To: the recipient, but this will force the list address into a Cc:
    header so 'reply all' will still include the list. If what you want is
    for the list members to be unable to post to the list, see the FAQ at
    <http://wiki.list.org/x/3YA9>.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 28, '09 at 9:22a
activeDec 28, '09 at 2:08p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Matias Surdi: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post