Hello,

I'm using mailman 2.1.9 on a suse11 linux server with qmail und i
found a strange behaviour:

whenever i send an email to the list via the mail.app on my IPhone,
sent images are lost.

when i send the same email to that list with Mail on my macbook,
everything is okay.

since mail works normally and mail.app send its pictures via email to
other people, it seems to be a small problem with the parsing of an
iphone mail.

Is there anything known about that or a workaround? i googled und used
your manuals but haven't found anything.

best regards Jan

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 18, 2009 at 3:39 pm

    Jan Behrens wrote:
    whenever i send an email to the list via the mail.app on my IPhone,
    sent images are lost.

    when i send the same email to that list with Mail on my macbook,
    everything is okay.

    since mail works normally and mail.app send its pictures via email to
    other people, it seems to be a small problem with the parsing of an
    iphone mail.

    It may be the list's content filtering doing this or it may be
    something else. In order to see more, we would need to see your
    content filtering settings (assuming filter_content is Yes), and we
    would need to see the MIME structure of the message from the iPhone,
    i.e. a raw message sent directly from the iPhone. This could have the
    actual message part contents removed, but we'd need all headers
    including sub-part headers and boundarys.

    If you want, you could send me directly (off list) a message with an
    image from the iPhone.

  • LuKreme at Dec 19, 2009 at 3:02 am

    whenever i send an email to the list via the mail.app on my IPhone, sent images are lost.
    I just tested this from my iPhone and the image was posted just fine.

    Headers look like this: