Hello,

I'm learning how to use mailman mailing list. Still now, everything goes
right. When a moderator refuses that a message can not be delivered, is
there a way to find it in archive?

I only find in archive the messages approved

Thank you and best regards,

Mary

Search Discussions

  • Barry Finkel at Dec 16, 2009 at 4:13 pm

    Hello,

    I'm learning how to use mailman mailing list. Still now, everything goes
    right. When a moderator refuses that a message can not be delivered, is
    there a way to find it in archive?

    I only find in archive the messages approved

    Thank you and best regards,

    Mary
    The list archives contain all mail that was delivered to the list.
    If a moderator rejects a posting, it will not be delivered to the
    list, and it will not appear in the list archives.
    Barry S. Finkel
    Argonne National Laboratory Phone: +1 (630) 252-7277
    9700 South Cass Avenue Facsimile:+1 (630) 252-4601
    Building 240, Room 5.B.8 Internet: BSFinkel at anl.gov
    Argonne, IL 60439-4828 IBMMAIL: I1004994
  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 16, 2009 at 4:23 pm

    Marie Ingabire wrote:
    I'm learning how to use mailman mailing list. Still now, everything goes
    right. When a moderator refuses that a message can not be delivered, is
    there a way to find it in archive?

    I only find in archive the messages approved

    That is because the archive only contains messages delivered to the
    list. Would you really want spam and/or other posts that a moderator
    deemed inappropriate to be in the list's archive?

    When a moderator rejects or discards a post, there is a check box to
    preserve the message for the site admin. Such messages are copied to a
    directory named (by default) 'spam' in Mailman's file structure. This
    may not be satisfactory, as it requires a specific moderator action
    and the place where the messages are saved is not generally web
    accessable (although it could be), but it is the only option for
    'archiving' rejected or discarded posts.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 16, '09 at 1:19p
activeDec 16, '09 at 4:23p