some way that I can see their message so I know who the requester is?

Thank you

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 7, 2009 at 3:58 am

    Webmaster wrote:
    Our users are instructed to send an email to members-subscribe at tucsongrs.org
    with their name in the message when they want to subscribe (we are a private
    list). I, as the list admin, receive the email that there is a request to be
    approved or disapproved but I cannot see their original message. Is there
    some way that I can see their message so I know who the requester is?

    If they put their name in the From: header of the message as in

    From: User Name <user at example.com>

    the subscription approval will have both their name and email address.

    If you want more, or a more reliable way to get the information, change
    your instructions to ask them to mail members-owner at tucsongrs.org, and
    when you receive that mail, you can add them via admin mass subscribe.

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 7, 2009 at 4:02 am

    From: User Name <user at example.com>

    the subscription approval will have both their name and email address.

    Actually, I see the notice of pending subscription to the admin doesn't
    have the 'real name', but it is shown with the pending subscription on
    the admindb web interface.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedDec 6, '09 at 5:13a