I am tasked with removing a mailman list using CLI on a cpanel install.

When I run the list_lists command in bin I get this:

# python list_lists
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "list_lists", line 44, in ?
import paths
ImportError: No module named paths

How can I get a list of the lists to then proceed to using rmlist?

Thank you,
Cameron

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Dec 1, 2009 at 6:11 pm

    Cameron Smith wrote:
    I am tasked with removing a mailman list using CLI on a cpanel install.

    When I run the list_lists command in bin I get this:

    # python list_lists
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "list_lists", line 44, in ?
    import paths
    ImportError: No module named paths

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

    Assuming that FAQ is correct about where things are located and cPanel
    hasn't broken things too badly, try

    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/list_lists

    If that is what you ran, then there is no
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/paths.py file. That file needs
    to be there for any of the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/
    commands to run. If it isn't there, there might be one in
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cron which you could copy to
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/

  • Cameron Smith at Dec 1, 2009 at 6:20 pm

    --
    Mark Sapiro <mark at msapiro.net> ? ? ? ?The highway is for gamblers,
    San Francisco Bay Area, California ? ?better use your sense - B. Dylan

    I will check for that file.
  • David Andrews at Dec 8, 2009 at 3:12 pm

    I am tasked with removing a mailman list using CLI on a cpanel install.

    When I run the list_lists command in bin I get this:

    # python list_lists
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "list_lists", line 44, in ?
    import paths
    ImportError: No module named paths

    See the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/sYA9>.

    Assuming that FAQ is correct about where things are located and cPanel
    hasn't broken things too badly, try

    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/list_lists

    If that is what you ran, then there is no
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/paths.py file. That file needs
    to be there for any of the /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/
    commands to run. If it isn't there, there might be one in
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/cron which you could copy to
    /usr/local/cpanel/3rdparty/mailman/bin/
    I believe in cPanel, there is also a button somewhere in the web UI
    to remove a list.

    Dave

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython