Using Mailman version: 2.1.9
on RedHat

The time to deliver digest messages is set to noon. Is this a Mailman
choice or a RedHat choice.

# Noon, mail digests for lists that do periodic as well as threshhold
delivery.

It seems to me that sometime before 8am would be more logical. It would be
interesting to know why noon was chosen. Thanks.

Don Hone
<http://edirectory.ohio.edu/?$search?uid=hone>
Ohio University

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 23, 2009 at 8:06 pm

    hone+mailman at oak.cats.ohiou.edu wrote:
    The time to deliver digest messages is set to noon. Is this a Mailman
    choice or a RedHat choice.

    # Noon, mail digests for lists that do periodic as well as threshhold
    delivery.

    It seems to me that sometime before 8am would be more logical. It would be
    interesting to know why noon was chosen. Thanks.

    I can't tell you why, but it's been noon at least since Mailman 2.0 in
    November, 2000. Personally, my installation runs senddigests at 03:30,
    but I imagine no one time would satisfy everyone.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 23, '09 at 7:06p
activeNov 23, '09 at 8:06p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Hone+Mailman: 1 post