Hello all,

I've been running mailman 2.1.10 on FreeBSD 6.2 for quite some time now
and I just recently noticed that the default footer (msg_footer) is not
being appended to all the messages. Is there something else that needs
to be set/enabled to turn this on? I've searched for this problem and
I've found nothing so I'm kind of assuming that I'm missing a setting
somewhere.

Thanks,

Jay

--
Jay Deiman

\033:wq!

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Nov 12, 2009 at 6:14 pm

    Jay Deiman wrote:
    I've been running mailman 2.1.10 on FreeBSD 6.2 for quite some time now
    and I just recently noticed that the default footer (msg_footer) is not
    being appended to all the messages. Is there something else that needs
    to be set/enabled to turn this on? I've searched for this problem and
    I've found nothing so I'm kind of assuming that I'm missing a setting
    somewhere.

    If you have text in Non-digest options -> msg_footer, it should be
    added to every outgoing individual message, either directly to the
    message body or as a separate MIME part depending on the MIME
    structure of the message.

    The only thing that controls it is the presence of text in msg_footer.

  • Jay Deiman at Dec 1, 2009 at 10:16 pm

    Jay Deiman wrote:
    Hello all,

    I've been running mailman 2.1.10 on FreeBSD 6.2 for quite some time now
    and I just recently noticed that the default footer (msg_footer) is not
    being appended to all the messages. Is there something else that needs
    to be set/enabled to turn this on? I've searched for this problem and
    I've found nothing so I'm kind of assuming that I'm missing a setting
    somewhere.
    I figured out what was going on here. This was due to my still using
    the deprecated "Sendmail" DELIVERY_MODULE. I switched to "SMTPDirect"
    and everything is peachy now.

    On a related note, is there any plan to possibly fix/rewrite the
    Sendmail module. The reason I was using it in the first place is
    because it was much easier in terms of integration with my system since
    using the sendmail binary for outgoing mail bypasses all the post-queue
    content filtering and such that goes on on my server.

    On the flipside, setting up SMTPDirect with postfix was just a matter of
    adding an smtpd entry in master.cf that only listens on localhost and
    just permits. However, it would still be nice to *realistically* have
    an option.

    Jay

    --
    Jay Deiman