I have a user that complains that he did not receive the mails, how can i
check that?
Is there a log for that? i've seen only this su logs that the message was
sent to the list members:
Nov 06 17:07:54 2009 (6726) post to infolist from infolist at xxxx.xxx,
size0216, message-id=<p3_20091106170750_4af449d66920d>, success
but to track that an mail was send to his email address?
I got the confrmation that he is is a part of the list: from logs:
Jul 17 15:30:27 2009 (10993) infolist: new "xxxxx.xxxx at xxxx.xxx" <>, admin
mass sub
has also the option *Mail delivery set to Enable*

Search Discussions

  • Adam-Mailman at Nov 9, 2009 at 1:10 pm

    I have a user that complains that he did not receive the mails, how can i
    check that?
    your MTA log?

    --
    ``Another sport which wastes unlimited time is Comma-hunting.''
    (Francis Cornford, Microcosmographia Academica)

    Daniel Ganea wrote:
    I have a user that complains that he did not receive the mails, how can i
    check that?
    Is there a log for that? i've seen only this su logs that the message was
    sent to the list members:
    Nov 06 17:07:54 2009 (6726) post to infolist from infolist at xxxx.xxx,
    size0216, message-id=<p3_20091106170750_4af449d66920d>, success

    Mailman's smtp log will tell you in addition to exactly how many
    recipients the mail was sent, but if he is a non-digest member with
    delivery enabled, you can be confident that Mailman tried to send to
    him.

    but to track that an mail was send to his email address?
    I got the confrmation that he is is a part of the list: from logs:
    Jul 17 15:30:27 2009 (10993) infolist: new "xxxxx.xxxx at xxxx.xxx" <>, admin
    mass sub
    has also the option *Mail delivery set to Enable*

    You could also look at Mailman's smtp-failure and bounce logs, but you
    really need to look at the MTA logs to see what the disposition of the
    message to that user is. Even that won't tell you much (other that the
    fact it was delivered to an MX) if his ISP is silently discarding his
    message or putting it in his spam/bulk/junk folder or if some rule in
    his own MUA is mis-filing it.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedNov 9, '09 at 9:20a