Hey everyone! New user of mailman here and having a little trouble figuring
out how to change the hostname that Mailman pulls for the urls and other
stuff. For example, in emails from the list it references the hostname in
the url like this:

not the real names of my server and domain. Just edited for security
reasons.

I'd like to change it to where it only reads this:

Any suggestions? I've combed around and tried numerous things but nothing
works.

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Search Discussions

  • Adam McGreggor at Nov 9, 2009 at 1:16 pm

    Hey everyone! New user of mailman here and having a little trouble figuring
    out how to change the hostname that Mailman pulls for the urls and other
    stuff. For example, in emails from the list it references the hostname in
    the url like this:

    not the real names of my server and domain. Just edited for security
    reasons.

    I'd like to change it to where it only reads this:

    Any suggestions? I've combed around and tried numerous things but nothing
    works.
    mm_cfg.py, then run fix_urls : it's in the FAQ for the details.

    TBH, I'd drop the 'cgi-bin' path-element, too.

    --
    ``What the bloody hell is the point of 24-hour rolling news
    if it doesn't carry terrifying-lizard-related news?''

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 26, '09 at 11:52p
activeNov 9, '09 at 1:16p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Adam McGreggor: 1 post Chris Thompson: 1 post