Hello Mark
I have been asked to change the senders address to list-mails rather
than list-bounces.
Did you try this sort of change already, and was it successful ?

Chris Cox.
Solution Support Engineer
Cable & Wireless
Europe, Asia and USA

Direct Dial: +44 (0) 1603 820467
Mobile: +44 (0) 791 7050 852
Switchboard: +44 (0) 20 7206 5555
www.cw.com

This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the Cable & Wireless e-mail security system - powered by MessageLabs. For more information on a proactive managed e-mail security service, visit http://www.cw.com/uk/emailprotection/

The information contained in this e-mail is confidential and may also be subject to legal privilege. It is intended only for the recipient(s) named above. If you are not named above as a recipient, you must not read, copy, disclose, forward or otherwise use the information contained in this email. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender (whose contact details are above) immediately by reply e-mail and delete the message and any attachments without retaining any copies.

Cable and Wireless plc
Registered in England and Wales.Company Number 238525
Registered office: 3rd Floor, 26 Red Lion Square, London WC1R 4HQ

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 22, 2009 at 12:34 am

    Cox, Chris wrote:
    I have been asked to change the senders address to list-mails rather
    than list-bounces.
    Did you try this sort of change already, and was it successful ?

    I have never done this because I don't have PHBs asking (telling) me to
    do nonsense.

    You can change the list-bounces address to list-mails or anything else
    you want. This involves either changing the list methods
    getListAddress() and GetBouncesEmail() in Mailman/MailList.py and
    maybe the function get_site_email() in Mailman/Utils.py or some other
    way of accomplishing the same thing, and changing list aliases or
    whatever your MTA uses to deliver to Mailman to deliver list-mails
    mail to the wrapper with arguments 'bounces list'.

    Since I've never done it, I don't know if the above is a complete list
    or not.

  • Stephen J. Turnbull at Oct 22, 2009 at 6:29 am
    I have been asked to change the senders address to list-mails rather
    than list-bounces.
    I have never done this because I don't have PHBs asking (telling) me to
    do nonsense.
    C'mon, Mark, you know it's not nonsense in organizations that use
    Outlook. The "on behalf of" thing is a plausible way to deal with
    Sender. (Since Outlook is a Microsoft product, I'm sure the deciding
    factor in implementation was to be perverse and screw up anybody who's
    sane. Still, it's plausible, no?)
  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 22, 2009 at 2:32 pm

    Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
    Mark Sapiro writes:
    I have been asked to change the senders address to list-mails rather
    than list-bounces.
    I have never done this because I don't have PHBs asking (telling) me to
    do nonsense.
    C'mon, Mark, you know it's not nonsense in organizations that use
    Outlook. The "on behalf of" thing is a plausible way to deal with
    Sender. (Since Outlook is a Microsoft product, I'm sure the deciding
    factor in implementation was to be perverse and screw up anybody who's
    sane. Still, it's plausible, no?)

    OK. I guess I was not in the proper frame of mind when I wrote that. It
    was a hectic day. Probably I was thinking more about Outlook than the
    request when I wrote "nonsense".

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 9, '09 at 1:45p