Sandi Gruver wrote:
Members on List A and on List B only receive one copy of a message posted to both lists.
They want to know why.

Do they receive messages posted individually to either list?

Somewhere, awhile ago I found that this is a Microsoft Outlook 'feature' owing to the lack of message numbering in Mailman, but I searched the Mailman archives this afternoon without success in finding any documentation on the reason this happens.

For gmail users, this may be another manifestation of the issue
discussed at <http://wiki.list.org/x/2IA9>

Any ideas where this is?

(We happily run Mailman 2.1.5.1 on RedHat Linux)

If the issue with Outlook can be mitigated by having a message # in the
Subject: header, current Mailman supports that.

If the issue is caused by the two messages having the same Message-ID,
Mailman is doing the right thing by not munging the Message-ID of the
incoming message. There may be some setting in Outlook to avoid this,
but I can't help with that.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 3, '09 at 12:41a