* Hien HUYNH HUU <hien.hh at sbsc.com.vn>:

Now I use mailman with qmail . Everyday I send a message to the
maillist , but the server takes 40 minutes to send about 10.000
emails (3-4msg/s)
To remote destinations?
I think It's slow performance, isn't it ? because I hear that qmail
can send about 10 millions messages per day.
qmail is actually quite slwo, since it sends one mail per connection
(no reuse of connections). So if you have a lot of mail to a few
destinations, mTAs with connection caching could do better.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt
Gesch?ftsbereich IT | Abteilung Netzwerk

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Oct 2, 2009 at 9:36 pm

    Hien HUYNH HUU wrote:
    Hi all,
    Now I use mailman with qmail . Everyday I send a message to the maillist , but the server takes 40 minutes to send about 10.000 emails (3-4msg/s) I think It's slow performance, isn't it ? because I hear that qmail can send about 10 millions messages per day. That means It can send about hundred emails per second .

    Search the FAQ at <http://wiki.list.org/x/AgA3> for "performance".

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedOct 2, '09 at 8:29p
activeOct 2, '09 at 9:36p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Ralf Hildebrandt: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post