I've been to several sources of documentation on Mailman and can't find
anything definitive on this, except for a bunch of list postings, so
perhaps someone could point me to a doc on the current state of this
feature, or answer the question.

I understand that a poster to a moderated distribution list can get a
post distributed by putting "Approved: passwd" as the first line of the
post, yes? I've also seen some discussion of putting this in the
subject line in square brackets. Is this supported?

What's the current status of this feature? Where can I find out more
about it? We're currently running Mailman 2.1.12 a la Gentoo Linux
stable.

--
Lindsay Haisley | "Never expect the people who caused a problem
FMP Computer Services | to solve it." - Albert Einstein

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 11, 2009 at 5:46 pm

    Lindsay Haisley wrote:
    I understand that a poster to a moderated distribution list can get a
    post distributed by putting "Approved: passwd" as the first line of the
    post, yes? I've also seen some discussion of putting this in the
    subject line in square brackets. Is this supported?

    What's the current status of this feature? Where can I find out more
    about it? We're currently running Mailman 2.1.12 a la Gentoo Linux
    stable.

    It's an idea that's been discussed somewhat, but so far has not been
    implemented.

    If people want this feature (Approved: password in square brackets in
    the Subject:), speak up.

  • Lindsay Haisley at Sep 11, 2009 at 6:36 pm

    I understand that a poster to a moderated distribution list can get a
    post distributed by putting "Approved: passwd" as the first line of the
    post, yes? I've also seen some discussion of putting this in the
    subject line in square brackets. Is this supported?

    What's the current status of this feature? Where can I find out more
    about it? We're currently running Mailman 2.1.12 a la Gentoo Linux
    stable.

    It's an idea that's been discussed somewhat, but so far has not been
    implemented.

    If people want this feature (Approved: password in square brackets in
    the Subject:), speak up.
    I would like to have it as an option, yes!

    --
    Lindsay Haisley | "In an open world, | PGP public key
    FMP Computer Services | who needs Windows | available at