New to mailman and testing features for a client. One member address is
getting digests yet the setting in the Membership List administrative
web page does not have digests or plain checked.

I have checked digests/plain on, submitted, then cleared them off and
submitted. The member address is still getting digest messages.

Where might I look to determine why the settings are not getting set to
non-digest? I have access on the server to the root files, but not sure
where to start looking.

Any help, direction, or guidance would be appreciated.

Regards,
-Todd

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Sep 8, 2009 at 3:28 am

    Todd Wheeler wrote:
    New to mailman and testing features for a client. One member address is
    getting digests yet the setting in the Membership List administrative
    web page does not have digests or plain checked.

    I have checked digests/plain on, submitted, then cleared them off and
    submitted. The member address is still getting digest messages.

    More than one? When you change a member from digest to non-digest, that
    member generally receives one last digest because she hasn't received
    those posts accumulated for the digest at the time of the change.

    In the worst case, you will change the member from non-digest to digest
    and back; the member will receive one last digest and complain; you
    will again switch her from non-digest to digest and back; she will
    again receive one last digest; ...

    Where might I look to determine why the settings are not getting set to
    non-digest? I have access on the server to the root files, but not sure
    where to start looking.

    If digest is unchecked in Membership Management... --> Membership List
    the member is not receiving digests except possibly for one last
    digest as above. You can also follow the link from Membership
    Management... --> Membership List to the member's options page, but it
    will show the same setting.

    You can also do

    bin/dumpdb lists/LISTNAME/config.pck | grep -A5 one_last_digest

    to see at least some of the members who are going to receive one last
    digest.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedSep 6, '09 at 9:19p
activeSep 8, '09 at 3:28a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Todd Wheeler: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post