I feel like this is a silly question, but I have search all of the setting
files on my mailman server. When users send a message to mailman@, a copy
of the message is going to another email address. This was done by another
tech no longer with us. I cannot find where he made that change. I want to
remove this address he assigned to receive a copy of any message that goes
to mailman at .

Just need pointed in the right direction.

Thank you,

Melinda Humphrey-Gilmore

Enterprise Messaging

The Ohio State University

Enterprise Messaging/Operations

System Engineer

614-292-4953

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Aug 1, 2009 at 3:06 pm

    Melinda Humphrey-Gilmore wrote:
    I feel like this is a silly question, but I have search all of the setting
    files on my mailman server. When users send a message to mailman@, a copy
    of the message is going to another email address. This was done by another
    tech no longer with us. I cannot find where he made that change. I want to
    remove this address he assigned to receive a copy of any message that goes
    to mailman at .

    Go to the web admin page for the 'mailman' list and look at the
    Membership List.

    If that doesn't answer your question, then my guess is that there is
    somewhere in your incoming MTA an alias for 'mailman' other than the
    normal list alias

    mailman: "|/path/to/mailman/mail/mailman post mailman"

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 31, '09 at 1:08p
activeAug 1, '09 at 3:06p