IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/mailman/lists/
mailman/config.pck'

all the config.pck files have the same permissions though:

10 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 8556 Jul 21 12:00 list1/config.pck
8 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 7825 Mar 11 12:00 list1/
config.pck.corrupt
10 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 8556 Jul 21 09:00 list1/
config.pck.last
8 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 7825 Mar 11 12:10 list1/
config.pck.safety
10 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 9678 Jul 21 12:00 list2/config.pck
10 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 9678 Jul 21 09:00 list2/
config.pck.last
4 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3640 Jul 21 12:00 mailman/config.pck
4 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3640 Mar 11 12:00 mailman/
config.pck.corrupt
4 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3640 Jul 21 09:00 mailman/
config.pck.last
4 -rw-rw---- 1 mailman mailman 3640 Mar 11 12:07 mailman/
config.pck.safety

$ bin/check_perms -f
No problems found

--
I think it's the duty of the comedian to find out where the line is
drawn and cross it deliberately.

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 22, 2009 at 2:33 pm

    LuKreme wrote:
    IOError: [Errno 13] Permission denied: '/usr/local/mailman/lists/
    mailman/config.pck'

    all the config.pck files have the same permissions though:

    What process encountered this error? If there was a traceback, what was
    it? Were you running a command line script as a non-root user not in
    Mailman's group?

  • LuKreme at Jul 23, 2009 at 10:44 pm

[...]

    No one has any solutions?
  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 23, 2009 at 10:58 pm

    LuKreme wrote:
    No one has any solutions?

    See my reply at
    <http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2009-July/066577.html>
    and provide the information I ask for, and we might be able to help.

  • LuKreme at Jul 24, 2009 at 3:36 am