Mailman seems to be wrapping my email text automatically-- I have sent
email messages unwrapped from both Gmail and SquirrelMail and I still get
my emails back through the list with word wrap. The line width is the
same as when seen in the post authorization window (moderation is set to
on). This is frustrating because it breaks long URLs and has ugly line
breaks when other people read our messages in other email programs such as
pagers, etc.

My Mailman version is 2.1.12

I've tried searching archives but not seen any messages that specifically
list directions on how to fix it through the control panel.

Help much appreciated. :)

Adrean

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 17, 2009 at 11:26 pm

    Adrean Clark wrote:
    Mailman seems to be wrapping my email text automatically-- I have sent
    email messages unwrapped from both Gmail and SquirrelMail and I still get
    my emails back through the list with word wrap. The line width is the
    same as when seen in the post authorization window (moderation is set to
    on). This is frustrating because it breaks long URLs and has ugly line
    breaks when other people read our messages in other email programs such as
    pagers, etc.

    Mailman doesn't normally do this. Is your mailman modified to allow
    editing of messages waiting approval in the admindb interface?

    What happens if you approve the message from the admindb summary page
    rather than the individual message page?

  • Terri Oda at Jul 19, 2009 at 6:55 pm

    Adrean Clark wrote:
    Mailman seems to be wrapping my email text automatically-- I have sent
    email messages unwrapped from both Gmail and SquirrelMail and I still get
    my emails back through the list with word wrap. The line width is the
    same as when seen in the post authorization window (moderation is set to
    on). This is frustrating because it breaks long URLs and has ugly line
    breaks when other people read our messages in other email programs such as
    pagers, etc.
    Are the messages being sent in HTML? I never seem to have this trouble
    with plain-text emails, but the HTML conversion on my lists will
    sometimes result in weird formatting on messages sent originally in HTML.

    The best way to fix it is to not send HTML messages, but it may be
    easier to disable Mailman's HTML-to-plaintext translation depending on
    your users.

    Terri

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython