I am an administrator for a mailing list that uses unicode
extensively. Mails containing unicode are garbled in daily digest
mode. The same mail with unicode is faithfully transmitted in
individual email mode (i.e., when a list member signs up to receive
mails directly instead of digest mode).

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Naresh

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 8, 2009 at 3:15 pm

    Naresh Cuntoor wrote:
    I am an administrator for a mailing list that uses unicode
    extensively. Mails containing unicode are garbled in daily digest
    mode. The same mail with unicode is faithfully transmitted in
    individual email mode (i.e., when a list member signs up to receive
    mails directly instead of digest mode).

    MIME format digests should contain the individual messages in their
    original character sets and should not be a problem.

    Plain format digests are converted to the character set of the list's
    preferred language (us-ascii for English language). Thus, unicodes in the
    original message which are not representable in the character set of the
    list's preferred language will be replaced by the 'unknown' character.

    If this is the issue in your case, your users can get MIME digests, or if
    your list's preferred language is English, you can change its character
    set to utf-8.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 6, '09 at 5:23p
activeJul 8, '09 at 3:15p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Mark Sapiro: 1 post Naresh Cuntoor: 1 post