hello mailman users,

I have a company that's hosting its lists on my servers .. they have over 7 announcement lists for their old and current customers.. they are using microsoft outlook 2003 and recently their lists have been hacked and sent to from the single email address that's unmoderated in their lists .. they want to use the "Approve: password>" header but they don't know how to do that in outlook 2003 neither do I ..

anyone had similar problem and solved it ??

thanks..

Windows Live?: Keep your life in sync. Check it out!

  • Mark Sapiro at Jul 2, 2009 at 1:59 am

    Khalil Abbas wrote:
    I have a company that's hosting its lists on my servers .. they have over 7 announcement lists for their old and current customers.. they are using microsoft outlook 2003 and recently their lists have been hacked and sent to from the single email address that's unmoderated in their lists .. they want to use the "Approve: password>" header but they don't know how to do that in outlook 2003 neither do I ..

    There are several possibilities:

    Your customer could post using an MUA that easily supports custom
    headers.

    Your customer could post a text/plain or multipart/alternative message
    with an Approved: pseudo-header as the first line of the message body.

    You or your customer could see
    <http://www.google.com/search?q=custom+email+headers+outlook> and try
    to figure out how to add a custom header to an Outlook generated
    message.

    Your customer could moderate all members and post without a header and
    then just approve the post.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJul 2, '09 at 12:44a
activeJul 2, '09 at 1:59a
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Khalil Abbas: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post