Bellevue, WA 98004
425.803.9753
fax 425.803.9752
sgruver at cis.ctc.edu

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 18, 2009 at 5:09 pm

    Gruver, Sandi wrote:
    I have this line in the mm_cfg.py file:
    SCRUBBER_USE_ATTACHMENT_FILENAME_EXTENSION = True, but attachments (.pdf) are being renamed to .obj.

    Can you please give a big hint as to what do I need to do to fix this?

    Do the MIME headers of the attachment have a Content-Disposition:
    header with a filename= or name= parameter with the .pdf extension. If
    so, Scrubber should use it. Even if not, Scrubber will normally guess
    '.pdf' for the extension if the Content-Type is application/pdf.

    The fact that the attachment is saved with a .obj extension indicates
    the sending MUA may be giving it MIME type application/octet-stream
    rather than application/pdf, and not giving it a filename.

    To say more, we would need the actual MIME headers from the attachment.
    You can find these in the archives/private/LISTNAME.mbox/LISTNAME.mbox
    file.

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython
postedJun 16, '09 at 3:05p
activeJun 18, '09 at 5:09p
websitelist.org

2 users in discussion

Gruver, Sandi: 1 post Mark Sapiro: 1 post