I am trying to allow the members of one of our other lists to be able to
post to another list without being a member. I have tried several
permutations of the list address but haven't found one that works. Our
current version is 2.1.11. The list I moderate is sc at polarisusersgroup.org
and I would like to allow the members of the all at polarisusersgroup.org to
post to it. I have tried @all, ^@all, @all at polarisusersgroup.org,
^@all at polarisusersgroup.org <mailto:%5e at all@polarisusersgroup.org> ,
all at polarisusersgroup.org without any success. How should I enter the all
list to get this to function?

Thanks,

Rex

Sc Mailing list Configuration Help
accept_these_nonmembers Option
accept_these_nonmembers (privacy): List of non-member addresses whose
postings should be automatically accepted.
Postings from any of these non-members will be automatically accepted with
no further moderation applied. Add member addresses one per line; start the
line with a ^ character to designate a regular expression match. A line
consisting of the @ character followed by a list name specifies another
Mailman list in this installation, all of whose member addresses will be
accepted for this list.
Top of Form

Bottom of Form

Rex

Rex R. Helwig
Computer Network Services Manager
Finger Lakes Library System
119 E. Green St.
Ithaca, NY 14850
(607)273-4074 x40
<mailto:rhelwig at flls.org> mailto:rhelwig at flls.org
<http://www.flls.org/> http://www.flls.org

Search Discussions

  • Mark Sapiro at Jun 6, 2009 at 5:32 am

    current version is 2.1.11. The list I moderate is sc at polarisusersgroup.org
    and I would like to allow the members of the all at polarisusersgroup.org to
    post to it. I have tried @all, ^@all, @all at polarisusersgroup.org,
    ^@all at polarisusersgroup.org <mailto:%5e at all@polarisusersgroup.org> ,
    all at polarisusersgroup.org without any success. How should I enter the all
    list to get this to function?

    @all is the correct syntax.

    Why is the post held? Is the reason 'Post by non-member to a
    members-only list'? If not, then it is held for something not having
    to do with list membership. If so, is the the From: (or possibly
    Sender: if USE_ENVELOPE_SENDER is set to Yes in mm_cfg.py) address the
    exact address that's a member of list1?

groupmailman-users @
categoriespython